Deciding your financial objectives
Holiday Home Owner will prepare every prospective Owner a realistic bespoke projection estimate, based on years of experience and unrivalled knowledge of the local Holiday Lettings market. Contact us for holiday home rental & letting projected income for self catering holiday lettings or cottage rentals in Devon.
Making money from your holiday let investment
There are some fundamental questions you need to ask yourself before you go ahead with letting your Holiday Cottage with the aim of making money from your investment:
- What are your financial or Investment objectives with your Holiday Home?
- Do you want to maximise the commercial income from your investment or just cover the costs?
- How often do you want to holiday at your 2nd home yourself?
- Do you want to be there on certain set dates, or can you be flexible?
- Do you want to be there in the peak, summer holiday times (when the rates are highest?)
- Are you happy to have children, (and is your holiday home suitable?)
- Would you consider allowing the visitor in bringing a pet? (Many visitors holiday locally with their dogs.)
- What are you prepared to invest in terms of renovations, furnishings, appliances and the like?
- Will you do your own property management, or will you be employing a property manager?
- What price per week are you looking to achieve? (Our expert team will help decide this with you.)
You may have to make some compromises, but you should be clear in advance where you stand on these issues, as many other decisions flow from them.